Thursday, September 21, 2017

It's the Little Things That Make Such a Difference


   Several of the hair salons and the Mani and Pedi shops have opened, for many of the women of the island just having their hair or nails pampered can make all the difference in the world as far as the mental state goes.   Just some indication of regularity of life makes the struggle to go ahead so much easier.  Another thing that has excited many of the residents is the restoration of cable TV.  This has given a new connection to the rest of the world and a means of relaxation.

     Every day there are more and more people arriving back here to put their lives back together.  With their arrival and the people that work in the closed businesses being able to get their homes functional again means that more and more of the stores, restaurant and other services will be restored.

     I think that I have beaten this horse long enough and it is time for me to get back to my normal too.  Tomorrow I will be going back to the news of the world of rum and the fun of the tropics.  I hope that we all can get back to having a really fun life again here in the Keys very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment